AMIGOS is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with US and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 50 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region. Students living in the Philadelphia area participate in our National Office program and gateway training. Our affiliate group in the Philadelphia area recruits and supports participants and their families as they prepare for their AMIGOS summer. If you’re interested in connecting with our local AMIGOS alumni, please email: email@example.com
Philadelphia participants are encouraged to send out a combination of letters and emails to friends and family, to support their AMIGOS experience. Letters are written by the participant, but help is always available in composing them from the Philadelphia team and the National Office.
Breakdown of program fees
THE PROGRAM FEE INCLUDES:
- Training materials and pre-departure
- Round-Trip International & Domestic Airfare
- Secondary short-term international medical insurance
- Program excursions and trainings
- Food, lodging, and transportation in Latin America
- Supplies for community project and extracurricular activities
- 24-hour emergency support system
THE PROGRAM FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Immunizations and pre-travel medical examinations
- Passport/visa fees
AMIGOS actively recruits and supports inclusion of participants from diverse backgrounds across race, nationality, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion, age, gender, and sexual orientation. AMIGOS provides needs-based financial assistance with distribution determined by family income, number of dependents and special financial circumstances. We provide financial assistance to qualified applicants as deductions on the family fee. Financial assistance applications are due on TBA. Please contact Matt Closter for additional information. In addition, participants who are returning for an additional summer receive a $365 discount.
The transformative AMIGOS experience starts before leaving home.
With 50 years of experience preparing young people for travel and service abroad, AMIGOS training offers unparalleled global youth leadership development. Pre-departure training equips participants with the critical thinking, communication skills, and technical knowledge they need to make a meaningful impact across cultures while staying healthy and safe. AMIGOS Philadelphia participants will train with participants from across the country at our headquarters in Houston, Texas in the 5 days prior to departure to Latin America.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Unparalleled leadership development
- Cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Hands-on training for technical aspects of the program
- Extensive health and safety training
- Opportunities to practice Spanish
- Creating a community of young people with shared values